If you are more than interested to get free international calling and messaging despite of making use of conventional calling features provided by your mobile carrier then VoIPs are the perfect solution. There is presently numerous voice over internet protocol providers (VoIPs) available in the market. But most of them are constrained to PCs or Macs. You need not worry to utilize this feature on your mobile devices as Viber is an all in one solution which is gaining repute by reaching millions of users the world over. It uses Wi-Fi or mobile network’s data to send and receive calls and messages. People are getting more and more towards VoIPs due to reduced costs of their mobile data and unlimited data usage over Wi-Fi.
Simply speaking, Viber is a feature rich mobile VoIP application that fully integrates with the voice calling as well as the messaging of your handheld. As it bypasses your mobile carrier, communication through Viber is completely free. Viber has many features which take it to the high end amongst its contemporary mobile VoIPs. The only downside is, Viber only allows free functions when calling or messaging under its widespread community. But never mind, it provides liberty to invite others and if they download Viber, you can seamlessly communicate with your loved ones.
The features provided by Viber through its mobile application are:
- Full integration with mobile device’s core communicating functions and uses your mobile number, thereby you are not required to register, manage its password or wait for invites.
- Seamless free calls and messages to millions of Viber users with no possible limit.
- Introduction of group messaging for up to 100 users in a group. (This is invariably quite large!)
- Widespread reach.
- Auto sync with your phone contacts
- Availability of over 1000 stickers for making your conversation funny and never boring. Stickers can be downloaded and installed by visiting the corresponding application store for particular mobile OS.
Every application has some drawbacks; this is also true for Viber. The application lags due to these:
- No option to call and message to the people out of Viber community, although, calls to those can be initiated from Viber but, it is charged as per your mobile carrier.
- Non availability of this marvelous communicating media to still existing Nokia Symbian users.
- Dependence of call quality entirely on Wi-Fi or 3G/4G signalling. But the patented HD calling feature minimizes this problem to a great extent.
However, updates to the application are provided for users on a timely basis by Viber as it is committed to provide full fledge usability to its users.
On the application front, it is not a heavy file, downloads with no delay and installs with a single click. User friendly interface, availability of customizing features and most important offering free calls and messages directly corresponds to the increasing popularity of Viber. However, the application requires a working internet or Wi-Fi connection for communicating with the server and providing much functionality. For present, it is available on every mobile platform, including Android (Mobile and Tablets), iOS (iPhone and iPads), Windows Phone 7, 8 and the latest addition is to Windows 8.1 PCs.
Download Viber by visiting m.viber.com on your mobile device or by visiting the application store of your device.